There is such a wide variety of vehicles to pick from for consumers around the United States, with standard cars and trucks remaining popular but SUVs, hybrid and electric vehicles, crossovers between car and SUV and more making the vehicle market a very complex and interesting place. On top of all of these options, there are a ton of different brands for consumers to pick from, with local brands such as Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge and vehicles originating out of the country like Honda and Toyota also very popular.
LouisianaBets.com wanted to quickly break from Louisiana sportsbooks to see what the most popular car brand in the state was, and to compare that to the most popular vehicle brands in all of the states in the country. To do so, we utilized CarLogos.org’s list of the Top 50 most popular car brands in the United States as a starting point for the research project.
We then utilized Google Trends to search each car brand to see the highest level of interest of each state for the brand.
Favorite Car Brand By State
After completing the trends over the past 12 months (from July 25th, 2022, to July 25th, 2023), we were able to average out the results to get the top car brand for each state.
- Honda (7 states): Alaska, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Dodge (5 states): Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico
- Ford (4 states): Michigan, Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming
- Audi (4 states): Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York
- Mercedes-Benz (3 states): Florida, Georgia, Virginia
- Chevy (3 states): Kentucky, North Dakota, Oklahoma
- Mazda (3 states): Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Washington
- Volkswagen (3 states): New Hampshire, Oregon, Utah
- Buick (3 states): Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin
- Hyundai (3 states): Alabama, Arizona, Illinois
- 1 state: California (Tesla), Hawaii (Toyota), Maine (Volvo), Nebraska (Lincoln), Nevada (BMW), New Jersey (Land Rover), Ohio (Kia), Rhode Island (Alfa Romeo), Tennessee (Nissan), Texas (Lamborghini), Vermont (Subaru), West Virginia (Jeep)
Louisiana's Favorite Car Brand Is...
Louisiana joined six other states in making Honda its most popular and most searched brand of vehicle. Honda’s seven states consider it the best vehicle lead all car brands, with Dodge taking second place with five states ranking it first, and Ford and Audi are third with four states each. Joining Louisiana as Honda lovers are consumers from Alaska, Delaware, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Honda’s versatility powered its way to the top ranking, as they have cars, crossovers, SUVs, and trucks all ranked high on many top car lists. With such a wide range of states preferring Honda, it comes as no surprise that they have options for any climate, as Alaskans certainly aren’t looking for the same qualities in a vehicle as consumers in Louisiana.
The top vehicles that have shot Honda to the top of the list are the Altima, Civic, and CR-V. The Altima and Civic continuously rank near the top of all cars in the entire country, with sales of those two alone accounting for six percent of all vehicle sales in the United States. The CR-V is a versatile SUV with great performance and reliability, but consumers have to pay up for it as it’s one of the more expensive vehicles in its class.
With such a range of options, it’s no surprise to see Honda lead the way as Louisiana’s most popular vehicle and it doesn't appear that they should have many true threats to their ranking in the coming years.
If betting is more your speed, we've got all the best Louisiana sportsbook promo codes for you to take advantage of here on LouisianaBets.com.